Friday, May 18, 2007

No Mo' Lampshade - Hallelujah!


While there was plenty to write about during this past week, I just couldn't get myself into the right mood to do it. I was generally sort of disgruntled although I can't say that I would necessarily recognize a feeling of 'gruntled' either.

The photo has nothing to do with any state of gruntling at all. It is announcing that Brou is now free at last from 'The Cone' and that our shins are starting to heal, the cats are starting to unwind again. Here's Brou looking out the window in a pose which reminded Mark of something he couldn't put a finger on right away. It finally occurred to him that it reminded him of a particular Edward Gorey illustration which is shown below the image of Brou. Hey, you have more thought time to make strange associations when you reside in the middle of nowhere.

I will write more, either tomorrow or on Sunday, about the event which ignited my disgruntlement. Mark also had his gruntle severely wrinkled by the matter. Never a dull or occasionally deadly moment out here up the creek, it seems.

11 comments:

alphonsedamoose said...

I thought it was illegal to gruntle in the States. Wait until some of the politicians find out you are gruntling. Probably wihout a permit too.

BRUNO said...

Nothin' wrong with being "gruntled", however you want to interpret it! I, too, have heard of DIS-gruntled, but never simply gruntled. Just one of life's little mysteries, I guess!(Ain't s'posed to make sense, just better than a "hit-and-run" type of HELLO!!!)

Lin said...

DaMoose,
Hey, watch this; we don't need no steenking permit to gruntle!

Besides, don't you have to deal with 'disembarking' up in your neck of the woods? I think it has something to do with skinning trees to make log homes but I'm not 100% sure.

Lin said...

Geez, Bruno,
Are you cranking up your psychic abilities and trying to spook me with your "Hit and Run" comment? Grin, grin, grin!!!

alphonsedamoose said...

No we member people after they have been dismembered by all you gruntlers who gruntle without a permit.We hold some of you in dai and some in disdain or datdain

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Gee Lin,

Hope the cause of all this disgruntlement has now been fixed?

Oh that poor little dog, he must be so relieved to be set loose from the lampshade.. isn't he adorable?

BRUNO said...

Nah, you're safe! The only time I "hit and run" with any determination, is when I make certain to wake-up at least 30 minutes before the wife---that way, I exercise my right to be lord and ruler of the bathroom! The "winner" earns his or her spot on "the throne"! The loser must brave cats, dogs, snakes, chiggers, and the occasional rain shower for the walk to the "less-royal" facility! (Fortunately for HER, I'm more "readily-adaptable" to such excursions!And best of all, there ain't NOBODY waitin' in line, there!!!)

Lin said...

Shrink,

Unfortunately, the cause is yet to be resolved but we have taken a whack at the proverbial beehive and will see what happens next.

While Brou has lost his cone as an intentional tool of destruction, he does seem happier without it now.

Lin said...

Bruno,
You sure do get me laughing. Touch wood ... I haven't gotten a chigger bite yet this year - too early maybe?
You'll see why you spooked me when I finish the next entry. You nailed the title dead on the head!

Catmoves said...

Ahem! I have been in touch with Dubya and he has promised to have Homeland Security look into your gruntling. He considers it unAmerican and you and Mark will be in big, big trouble.

Lin said...

Catmoves,
Oh surely you didn't turn me in, just say it ain't so. Being put on the 'no fly' list is just going to kill this hermit that never leaves the canyon.